Honors Program

What is the Associate of Arts and Sciences with Honors?

If you maintain a GPA at or above 3.5, earn a grade of B or better in 12-credits of Honors sections, and earn the AAS degree, you may apply to Student Services to graduate with Honors.

Am I eligible for the honors program?

  • New students must have graduated in the upper 15% of their class or have received a composite score of 27 or higher on the ACT
  • Continuing students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
  • Or you can request an exception through the Dean's Office

How do I get started?

Contact your instructor early in the semester if you want to take the course as an Honors course. Your instructor will outline the Honors work expected in order to complete the course with Honors. If you would like to join the Honors project for the course, you will agree to complete it with the instructor. Upon completion, you will earn the designation of H for those courses on your transcript.

Dean's List

Students with superior Grade Point Averages (GPAs) are recognized on the Dean's List, which is published fall and spring semesters. To be named to the Dean's List, a full-time student must complete a minimum of 12 credits. Part-time students are eligible when they have completed at least 15 credits with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 and have carried at least three credits during the semester.

  • Highest Honors is awarded to student earning a 4.0 GPA
  • High Honors is awarded to students earning a 3.99-3.75 GPA
  • Honors is awarded to students earning a 3.74-3.5 GPA

For more information about the Dean's List, contact the Solution Center Office at 608-758-6565 ext. 200.

Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society

PTK has recognized academic excellence in the two-year colleges since 1918 and has become the largest and most prestigious honor society serving two-year colleges around the world. Membership is based primarily upon academic achievement. To be eligible for membership in PTK at the University of Wisconsin-Rock County, you must be enrolled at UWW Rock County, you must have completed at least 12 credit hours of university level coursework at UWW Rock County, you must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5, and you must enjoy full rights of citizenship in the United States. For more information contact advisors Linda Reinhardt at linda.reinhardt@uwc.edu or Kim Kostka at kim.kostka@uwc.edu.