University of Wisconsin-Whitewater at Rock County
2909 Kellogg Avenue
Janesville, WI 53546
Most campus buildings are generally open Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Most administrative offices are open 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Hours are subject to change depending on staffing and scheduled special events, and the campus may be closed for holidays or inclement weather or emergencies.
About the Campus
Set on almost 50 rolling acres on Janesville’s southwest side, the campus consists of:
- Hyatt Smith Hall (1965, remodeled in 2009) administrative offices, classrooms, bookstore, commons area and café
- Allen Hall (2008) A new library, distance education classrooms, a lecture hall, student common areas, computer laboratories, offices, and more are features of this newest addition to the campus.
- Andrews Hall (1965) classrooms, federally funded TRIO Student Support Services, Learning Support Center, faculty offices
- Williams Hall (1965, remodeled in 1999) chemistry, biology, physics, geography, anthropology, nursing, computer lab, lecture hall, student study space
- Wells Cultural Center (1982) theater, gymnasium, art studio, music practice rooms, and maintenance shop
- Engineering Center (2007) state-of-the-art engineering laboratory, classroom and offices. The UWW Rock County Foundation surpassed $700,000 in fundraising to support the construction of the new building.
Student Profile (Fall 2018)
- 897 students enrolled
- 65% of students were full-time students and 35% were part-time students
Why Enroll At UW-Whitewater At Rock County?
- Learn from top-notch faculty who are committed to teaching freshman and sophomore students.
- Benefit from small class sizes with individual attention when needed.
- Enjoy close-to-home convenience.
- Take advantage of the many opportunities available on a smaller campus to get involved.
- Pay less than at four-year institutions and save money by living at home and keeping a job.
- Enroll in the Guaranteed Transfer Program and gain admittance to any UW campus upon successful completion of the program.
- Gain access to 4-year campus resources at UW-Whitewater such as the Anderson Library, Veteran’s Services, Adult Student Services, The Office of Disabilities, and the University Center!
Full time tuition per semester: $2,375.16 plus fees
Tuition for two semesters, full-time enrollment for Wisconsin residents:
- UW-Madison: $10,403
- UW-Milwaukee: $9,300
- UW-Whitewater: $7,425
- UW-Oshkosh: $7,401
- Beloit College: $42,220
Benefit to the Local Community
In addition to providing credit and non-credit educational programs, cultural events and athletic events, the University of Wisconsin-Rock County in Janesville has a significant impact on the local economy
Student expenditures had, by far, the greatest impact on the local economy, according to George Jones, Ph.D., UW-Whitewater at Rock County professor of economics who conducted an economic impact study using data from 2007. Expenditures of $2.24 million were attributed to UWW Rock County students in the community. Add to that the additional expenditures made by the institution, its staff and faculty and that is about $6 million spent right here in southern Wisconsin.
Who benefits from these expenditures? Private businesses account for 77 percent of additional sales activity generated in the local economy by UWW Rock County, its employees and students.
Other findings of the study show university-related expenditures also generate an annual impact of 55 jobs and well over $1.7 million of total labor income.