Most items from within the entire UW system (UW-Colleges, UW-Madison, etc...) are available to students. Requests for these items can be made online, following the directions below. This is called "Universal Borrowing", or UB, which is different from an interlibrary loan, which is the term for requesting items from other libraries outside of the UW system. If you have an interlibrary loan request, go to the Interlibrary Loan help page for directions on making such a request.
Locating Your Item In The UW Colleges Library System
- Go to the UW-Rock County Library Homepage.
- Input Title and/or Author and do your search .
- Scroll down the page until you see the option for filtering your results by "campus" on the left side of the screen, and select Rock County. This will show you results strictly from the UW Rock County campus. If your item is not in Rock County, but is in another library of the UW system, you can then proceed to make a UB request for the item. These requests are usually fulfilled in less than 5 working days.
The above steps as screenshots :
Scroll down the page until you reach the "By Campus" filter in the left-hand column. You then select "more options" and a listing of all of the possible campuses opens up, and you are able to select the Rock County Campus.
UB, or Universal Borrowing - i.e., requesting the item from another UW system library
If you have found an item through "search @ UW", but it is at another campus, you will need to make a UB request. Doing so is simple.
- Select "Find and Request"
- Sign-in and fill out the form for placing your request. The requested item usually arrives within 3-5 business days at the Rock Library Circulation Desk or other location as selected.
If UW-Rock County does not own the journal you need AND it is not online in full text, you may place a request through ILLIAD.
Checking Your Requests
- Log onto Your Account from the Library Web Catalog.
- Enter your ISO Number. (See example below. The ISO number is circled at the bottom of the card.)
- Locate the section that says Request Information.