UW-Rock County Faculty, Students and Staff can now request books and journal articles from their offices and homes via computer.
Locating Your Item In The UW Colleges Library System
- Go to the Online Catalog. Click on the search button.
- Input Title and/or Author and do your search.
- If it comes up on the screen, but UW-Rock County does not own it or it is not available, but other UW Colleges libraries do have it, click on Place Requests in the little box at the top of the screen.
Requesting The Item From Another UW Colleges Library
- Enter your ISO number and your name, and Login.
- A loaning college will be selected automatically, but you must select UW-Rock County as the delivery site. Also re-enter your ISO number, add any comments, and click on Submit Request.
- You should get a message that your request was successful. It should arrive in 3 days and you will be notified.
If none of the UW Colleges libraries have it (your search was unsuccessful), click on More Libraries button on the search page in the center top of the screen.
- Select All UW System/Universal Borrowing Libraries and connect. Now do your search.
- The next screen will list the library catalogs you are searching. When each catalog is done, it will display the word done and the number of items found.
- Click Show to display the list of items.
- Click on the title in Brief View to find where the book is located, what its call number is, and if it is available for check out. NOTE: You will need to look at the full record to find out if the title is a book, video or other media.
- Click the Place Request button on the toolbar on top of the page.
- Log on to your account using your ISO number and last name.
- The following screen tells you how many requests you can make. Click OK.
- The next screen will tell you the title of the item as well as ask you to select a location to get the item from. Here you must also select a library for pick up of the item. You will need to re-enter your ISO number to finish this process. Then press the Submit Request button.
- A screen should appear that tells you your request was successfully sent.
If none of the UW System libraries have your book, place a request on ILLIAD.
If UW-Rock County does not own the journal you need AND it is not online in full text, you may place a request through ILLIAD.
Checking Your Requests
- Log onto Your Account from the Library Web Catalog.
- Enter your ISO Number. (example below)
- Locate the section that says Request Information.
The ISO number is at the bottom of the card (circled).
E-mail questions or comments to: Kim Cook (email@example.com).