Project AHEAD (Adult Higher Education and Development) is a free outreach program helping eligible adults in Rock County pursue post-secondary education and training.
Our mission is to help you achieve your goals.
We can help you:
- Establish and attain personal and education goals
- Find a career that is right for you
- Explain and help you access education options
- Provide counseling and encouragement
- Refer you to local agencies that meet your needs
Wherever you are in the process, we can help!
If you are a Rock County resident, 18 years of age or older, and have limited income or resources, we can help you achieve your goals. If you're struggling with career decisions or are in need of academic counseling, Project AHEAD is for you! We are a FREE outreach program helping eligible adults in Rock County pursue post-secondary education and training.
We offer a variety of services to suit your needs
- Career exploration assistance
- Personal advising, including motivational work, goal setting and self-esteem building
- Assistance with scholarship services, including Partnership for Parents
- Information and assistance accessing GED/HSED programs or post-secondary programs
- Assistance through the college registration and financial aid application process
- Referrals for housing, child care, transportation, legal issues, health care services and more!
Let us help you find the program that’s right for you!
To learn more about how Project AHEAD can help you improve your future, please call (608) 295-4995 or stop in during office hours.
We are available in both Janesville and Beloit:
2909 Kellogg Ave.
Janesville, WI 53546
Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(608) 758-6565 ext. 260
Head Start Child and Family Center
1221 Henry Ave.
Beloit, WI 53511
Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Home visits and after-hours appointments are also available.
You’ll earn more money.
People who earn a bachelor’s degree earn over $1 million more in their lifetime than people who did not continue their education after high school.
You’ll have more opportunity.
College graduates will continue to have a bright outlook. Data consistently show that workers who have a bachelor’s or graduate degree have higher earnings and lower unemployment than workers who have less education.
Your family will benefit.
Better educated adults report themselves in better health, regardless of income. Children raised in an environment where education is important are more likely to earn higher grades and pursue higher education themselves.
Find out how Project AHEAD can help you get the education you want today.