Online Professional Development Courses Through LERN
View our LERN classes at http://www.yougotclass.org/catalog.cfm/uwrock.For more information, contact the Office of Continuing Education at (608) 758-6565, ext. 360.
These 4-week classes start Nov. 3. Register at http://www.yougotclass.org/catalog.cfm/uwrock.
Funding Your Business that will allow potential business owners the opportunity to explore financial feasibility in three areas: start-up or expansion; profits; and cash. The course will also cover potential debt and equity sources of funds to help create a financially successful venture. The course costs $195.
Spanish for Medical Professionals II will allow those you have a basic understanding of Spanish to expand their knowledge of the Spanish language and increase their medical vocabulary and practice interviewing patients, taking health history, diagnosing, giving instructions and prescribing medication. This course is $145.
Google+ is a course that will help participants discover the best ways to use this social media platform to engage users, expand reach and raise your personal or business online profile. The cost is $195.
Generational Learning Styles for K12 Teachers focuses on the influence of generational characteristics on learning and how to facilitate learning in Gen Y and the emerging generation of learners. This course is $145 with an optional $40 paid later for graduate credit.
Social Media and Online Tools for K12 Teachers helps teachers connect with technology that may help students engage in the classroom and offer new ways to communicate with parents. The cost is $145 with an optional $40 paid later for graduate credit.
Using Cell Phones in the Classroom is a course geared toward K-12 teachers who want to come away with a step-by-step plan to enhance student learning by involving cell phone use in the classroom.
Online Personal Enrichment and Professional Development Courses Through Ed2go
Update your skills, discover a new talent or chart a new career path at your own pace and convenience with instructor-led online courses. Visit our Continuing Education website for ed2go at www.ed2go.com/uwrockce and browse our catalog of more than 100 online courses.
Most courses are $99 and run for six-weeks, with new sessions offered every month. Coures include:
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Creating Web Pages
- Happy and Healthy Pregnancy
- Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach
- Speed Spanish
- Secrets to Better Photography
- Beginning Writer’s Workshop
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Creating WordPress Websites
- A to Z Grantwriting
- Grammar Refresher
- Medical Coding
- Introduction to SQL
- Introduction to Quickbooks 2012
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2010
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Introduction to Microsoft Access 2010
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Become a Veterinary Assistant
- Effective Business Writing
- And many more!
How to get started:
- To see all the courses we offer, visit our Online Instruction Center: www.ed2go.com/uwrockce
- Click the Courses link, choose the department and course title you are interested in and select the Enroll Now button. Follow the instructions to enroll and pay for your course. Here you will enter your e-mail address and choose a password that will grant you access to the Classroom.
- When your course starts, return to our Online Instruction Center and click the Classroom link. To begin your studies, simply log in with your e-mail and the password you selected during enrollment.