Register for this series of prep classes that can help you improve your score on the ACT exam!
- Learn from top instructors. Only top-rated instructors from local school districts teach the ACT Strategies course at UW-Rock County.
- Take the class when you need it most. Take ACT Strategies just prior to taking the actual ACT exam so you are less likely to forget what you learned before you take the test.
- Pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses. Begin the course by taking a carefully designed diagnostic test. Use the detailed score report to determine exactly what you need to focus on during the course.
- Gain experience. Complete a practice essay. Take an ACT. Feel more confident and comfortable. Gain tips to assist in alleviating test anxiety.
- Discover test-taking strategies. Learn a variety of test-taking strategies that can help you increase your speed and accuracy on the ACT.
- Practice under test conditions. You'll spend about a third of the class working on carefully designed problems under test conditions and get immediate feedback on your performance.
Note: You must register to take the actual ACT test separately through ACT.
To receive the full benefit of this course, it is important to attend all sessions. A required textbook is included in the $145 course fee and will be distributed at the first class. Classroom assignments will be sent in a confirmation letter before the course begins.
New! Online ACT Prep Course
UW-Rock County’s Online ACT Prep Course offers a great option for motivated students who need a more flexible class schedule.
Begin the course by scheduling an on-campus pre-test to see where you should focus your efforts and then take up to five months to complete the self-paced, online course. The course lets you work on modules and receive immediate feedback from quizzes for each of the five test sections. When you have completed the lessons, schedule another on-campus test that will assess how much you’ve improved and will help you predict how well you do when you take the actual ACT test. The ACT must be scheduled separately by visiting www.actstudent.org.
The course fee is $195. Enrollment is ongoing. Register online.