Registration is the process of enrolling in courses each semester. Continuing students will be able to register for the next semester classes during the last month of the current semester. Specific information regarding dates and times of registration and placement testing will be sent to all new students. All students should work with an academic advisor on course selection.
In order to select and get into all of the classes you want, we recommend that continuing and new students register as early as possible during the published times.
To complete the registration process, continuing students will want to:
- Review the UW-Rock County Course Schedule, and develop a tentative set of courses.
- Discuss class choices with an advisor and receive approval.
- Check PRISM for your appointment time during the priority enrollment period. Download the PRISM tutorial.
- Register for courses online using the PRISM registration system. A username and password is issued to each student.
Priority Registration Appointments
Continuing students will be assigned registration appointments based on the number of credits already earned. Priority registration appointments can be found through the Student Center in PRISM about two weeks before registration opens.
During the week before the start of classes for each semester, UW-Rock County designates three days for final registration. All students who have registered for courses should choose one of the SOAR days to come to campus and complete registration.
The steps to final registration include:
- Pay fees or make fee payment arrangements at the Business Office.
- Receive I.D. card or have current card validated at the Student Affairs office and receive Student Handbook and Calendar.
- Obtain textbooks at the Bookstore.
Excess Credit Policy
Per UW Board of Regents policy, students who have accumulated more than 165 credits within the UW System may be subject to a tuition surcharge. Please contact the UW Colleges Registrar at (608) 262-9652 for more details.
Please see the Registration & Enrollment pages on the UW Colleges administrative website for more information about: